June 10, 2011

FoodBlast from the Past : @ Calle Crisologo of Vigan City (1 of 2)

Chichacorn





Calle Crisologo is a "must see" in Vigan City. The street was named in honor to their Political Clan that served the city and the province of Ilocos Sur for generations. It is famous for its remarkable restoration to its Spanish colonial era look. It also houses to a numerous shops and stores of sovienier items and food. One of which is the Chichacorn.

Chichacorn was coined from two words : chicha from chicharon (pork cracklings) and corn from cornick. The difference between a cornick and a chichacorn is that the chichacorn is fried until it "popped" thus the crackling effect of its kernel.

It has a varriety of flavors and the most common one is salted-garlic and hot and spicy.

Background of the Entry:
I got my first digital (point and shoot) camera last September of the year 2007. I dont have a blog site yet but I do have a multiply site since January of 2006. My blogging started August of year 2008. In between those dates, I captured many photos of places, food, events and virtualy any thing that my heart desires on that time. Blogging those photos was my primary reason why I captured them. Blogging on those times was kind-a difficult for me for I dont have the means. So im reviving my old food photos to make these entries.







Photo herein is captured using
Kodak KE85
Calle Crisologo
Vigan City, Ilocos Sur, Philippines


kisses
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...