November 29, 2011

Me and My Eyeglasses

Me and my eyeglasses are like Diego and backpack. I cant go out without it. I am so tempted to use contact lenses so that I can wear sunglasses on those glary sunnydays. My optometrist said that it would be uncomfortable for me to wear contact lenses because my nearsightedness and astigmatism is to high, the lenses will be thicker than normal. Thus, I'll wear eyeglasses for the rest of my life.

When I was on my 6th grade (aged 13) I always sit on the floor on the front row just copy the lectures on the board. My teachers then asked me to go back on my seat (on the last row for I was one of those tall students) since i cant see the board, i cant copy.

On my 1st year High School, The school conducted a medical exam to all of us. When the doctor asked me to read the eye chart, I really cant read it, i think i can only read the first three lines. When i got home, i shared it to my parents and then my dad asked my mom to bring us to their optometrist (parents also wears eyeglasses). and thats the beginning of my eyeglasses life.


At first, i used lenses made of glass its so fragile, i have to change so often so we used plastic lenses. the problem with plastic lenses, its easily be scratched thus I need to change eyeglasses when it become so dull from scratches.

Good thing technology now a days are so advance, quality lenses and stylish frames are now affordable. As of today, I am wearing a titanium clad frame with ultra-thin glass lenses.


My optometrist suggested that I should use titanium frames so that it will not rust nor tarnish due to my heavy sweating and the ultra thin glass lenses will make it more stylish - thus no more thick as a magnifying lens.

My co-blogger introduced me to Cubik Eyewear. Upon seeing it on their website, its truly is affordable style and quality. They have many frames and style to chose from. As for me, i will still settle for a titanium frames for the toughness i need to face the cruel environment. As I continue browsing their site, this Cubik T101 C2 captured by appetite. I just might win Cubik eyewear simply by joining the Cubik Eyewear Blogging Contest

I want the Cubik T101 C2 because its full-rimed but its weight is like rim-less. I don't like rim-less frames because the lenses are more thicker than for full-rim so that it can became sturdy. I like it because its lightweight -its barely there. The gun metal color really makes it more manly and smart good not only on casual clothes but for formal attire as well.

Cubik eyewear have both style & quality and it also conforms and follows standards by allowing only licensed opticians and ophthalmologists to order prescription eyewear and thats peace of mind for me.



Photo herein is captured using
Canon Powershot A580 in
Panagatan Seafood Restaurant
Opol, Misamis Oriental, Philippines
last 30th of August 2010

kisses
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...