April 3, 2009

Tatak Pinoy # 02 : Bacolod Barquiron



After a series of Pinoy Street Foods, lets take a break and let me feature Pinoy Native Products with a title "Tatak Pinoy" to support the Philippine Department of Trade and Industries' "one town one product (OTOP)" campaign. I will make a blog entries regarding "OTOPs" and other Philippine Native Delis in this meme so do please visit every Friday and the Food Friday Meme.


My featured menu for today:

Barquiron of Bacolod City





its a wafer stick filled with polvoron. its coined from the word
barquillos the waffer stick and polvoron filling. beware the polvoron filling might choke you, have a glass of water ready.

City : Bacolod City
Province: Negros Occidental
Product: Barquillos (waffer stick) filled with Polvoron (a mixture of butter, powdered milk & flour)

All photos herein are captured using Canon Powershot A580 in our home last 4th of March 2009


Have a Great Friday to all of us Food Friday Diners :D



kisses

4 comments:

maiylah said...

ah, kaya pala 'barquiron'. alam ko lang kasi barquillos. lol

thanks for playing, Jay
so sorry for the very late visit ...

ps. regarding your question kung may FF next week, meron po. hope you and the others can play again. :)

liza said...

Ay oo masarap yan, I alos love their flat piayas. :)

Zriz said...

This is a nice idea Jay! hehehehe I looove barquiron! and BongBong's make them uber yummy... Another fave from BongBong's is their cheese tart! My family knows I love them and when they go to bacolod, they always bring me a pack...or five...hehehe and I can inhale one pack in one sitting! nyum!

♥peachkins♥ said...

di pa ko nakatikim nyan ,Jay.Naku, mukhang masarap.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...