April 12, 2009

Taste My Life # 04 : Reflections on Good Friday

The Sayings of Jesus on the cross

Reference: en.wikipedia.org and the Holy Bible in Today’s English Version


  • Jesus said “Forgive them ,Father! They don’t know they are doing” (Luke 23:34)
I do believe that the Lord did not came to judge us but to help us seek the Father’s forgiveness. It’s in our hands now to ask for His forgiveness. The Lord will help us in every step of the way.

  • Jesus said to him “I promise you that today you will be in paradise with me” (Luke 23:43)
Paradise is not only being in the state of happiness and goodness in life but paradise is being in the Father’s arms of redemption. Paradise is Like a our parents’ warm embrace every time they welcome us home.

  • Jesus saw His mother and the disciple He loved standing there, so He said to His mother “He is your son.” Then He said to the disciple “She is your mother.” From that time the disciple took her to live in his home. (John 19:26-27)
The Lord put us in the loving care of His mother Mary. Thus, we took Her not only in our homes but in our hearts. We pray the rosary. We pray for Her perpetual help. We pray for the heath of the sick.
I do believe that She too took us in Her loving heart and always intercede every time we pray. She really is our Mother and gladly accepted us to her children

  • At about three o’clock Jesus cried out with a loud shout, “Eli, Eli, lema sabachthani?” which means, “My God, My God, why did you abandon me?” (Matthew 27:46)
  • At three o’clock Jesus cried out with a loud shout, “Eloi, Eloi, lema sabachthani?” which means, “My God, My God, why did you abandon me?” (Mark 15:34)
In times of trials and hardships, we do always feel alone, abandoned and outcast. We cannot feel the Father’s presence and guidance. Little that we know, we are still standing and think out what to do because of His presence and guidance. He really did not abandoned us, He just us stand and face such trials and hardships. He is just waiting for us to call His Name.

  • Jesus knew that by now everything had been completed; and in order to make the scripture come true, He said, “I am thirsty.” (John 19: 28)
Does the Lord really physically thirsty? Or He is thirsty for our repentance, thirsty to call His name in prayer. We always respond by giving Him “NO” for an answer. Our ”NO” is so sour as the wine he drank in that cross.

  • Jesus drank the wine and said, “It is finished!” Then He bowed His head and gave up His Spirit (John 19:30)
His mission on earth is complete. His hardship in the cross is done. Yes, He has done His part. Now its our turn to do our part be one with Him in with the Father.

  • Jesus cried out in a loud voice, “Father In Your hands I place My spirit!” (Luke 23:46)

For me, Spirit does not only mean one’s soul. Its giving up one’s: old ways; past; and present being. It’s about giving up one’s self to the Lord like the Lord has gave His life and self for us.



Disclaimer:
These words are made from a personal opinion and reflection. It does not reflect on the opinion of my religious affiliations and of the Catholic faith.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...