December 5, 2008

Pinoy Street Food #6: Green Mango



as i mentioned on my past blog entry prelude to Pinoy Street Food I will make a blog entries regarding "pinoy street foods" and I will create the succeeding entries in this meme so do please visit every friday and the Food Friday Meme




Usually served with shrimp paste, this food is one of the well known street foods. In our province, people have a choice of condiments for the fruit - you can either go with salt, shrimp paste, or spicy vinegar. This photo was taken in Rizal Park last August 09.

5 comments:

Zeee said...

Oh yeah! I can taste the sourness of the mango na! Pero I prefer the Indian Mango.. with shrimp paste.. :)

I remember buying them outside our school when I was still in Elementary..of course bawal yon and we loved to buy it kahit na bawal...hahahaha

Serving mine HERE

Anonymous said...

Kuya koy.. sana ni-picture mo rin yung mga tinda nyang mangga!

Sadly, I am not into this food.. ang asim eh!

My Food Friday entries are served here and here. Come feast with me if you have time. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

naglalaway na ako dito... yan ang isa sa kakainin ko pag-uwi ko ng pinas. dagdagan ng bagoong at kumpleto na ang araw ko! yum!

mine is here. happy friday!

Anonymous said...

hehehe ... am drooling here, lol. yung iba they also like it dipped in soy sauce, i think. :P

thanks for playing again, Jay
happy weekend!

Zelmarq said...

wow, im one of the avid fans of green mango. Its good with bagoong and salt nd soy sauce.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...