February 5, 2011

Food Trip # 116 : 2nd Visit @ Panagatan Seafood Restaurant (3 of 3)

Guso Salad





30 August 2010

Our original plan is to go to a resort but for some instances, it did not pushed through thus we went to Panagatan.

I already tried, eggplant salad (ensaladang talong) and the Lato Salad and I wanted something else. Well, what I had in mind is not actualy new to my taste, I just miss it. The first and last time i had that was last February 2009 in Cebu's sutukil. So i suggested this salad. When it was served, I was surprised that its not the one im looking for. I really cant recall its name and I'm still thinking about it while eating.

"oh no!!" I exclaimed to myself. "its Lukot, not Guso". In Filipino Language, "Gusot" and "Lukot" are synonymous for the english word "wrinkled". My memory got mixed up, I thought - when I was suggesting- "guso" and "lukot" are the same.

Looking into the brighter side, Its my first time to eat Guso.

Trivia: Lukot is not a seaweed but a Sea slugs' excretions. It look like a seaweed since its green and looks like a green ball of thread. Guso (Eucheuma) and Lato (Caulerpa Lentillifera) are two of the most common edible seaweed in the market.






Photo herein is captured using
Canon Powershot A580 in
Panagatan Seafood Restaurant
Opol, Misamis Oriental, Philippines
last 30th of August 2010


kisses
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...